Friday, October 22, 2010

Chapter 17: Overshadowed Update

Hey everybody! I hope you're enjoying your Friday evening. And I hope this blog post will help make it that much better of a night, lol!!

Have you ever felt like you were on the verge of a major change in life? I love that feeling, I love knowing that something great is about to transpire.

The last few chapters on the science of fiction have been rather forced, and for that I apologize. Sadly my personal life has encroached on my ability to blog. I have not been able to spend the time formulating decent ideas, thoughts or advice on what I have stumbled across through my writing.

However, I don't think things are going to change much for me as we start to get closer to fall. School is plodding right along, work is work, family is amazing and Overshadowed... Well Overshadowed has never been more exciting.

We are approaching the completion of the latest round of major editing. This is far and away the most time consuming part of this whole process. Since it is drawing to a close, those of us who are working on this project can't help but feel that we are almost to the top of the mountain. Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll speak for myself. Getting near to finishing this book has me more excited each and every time I touch the keyboard. Now I'm not saying that the work is done, because it's not. In fact, the work is just beginning, fortunately the work from here on out is more enjoyable, and a lot easier.

I want to start featuring some of the characters of Overshadowed, so I can start to tease you guys a little bit with tidbits from the story. For now, let me just say that I have never been more excited to see what's going to happen next.

In that regard, I am wondering if any of you want to know what happens next. I am looking for several individuals who love to read, and who would be willing to do some work on Overshadowed with me. I need a handful of people that are willing to do an alpha reading project on this book. If you're interested in getting a sneak peak at Overshadowed, and you're willing to spend some time discussing it's finer points with me, than this is a great opportunity for the both of us. Just shoot me a quick email, Facebook, or leave a comment here.

I also have three short story projects in the works. I don't have any plans to post anything on the blog just yet, but I might be persuadable. I have finished two short stories and one thing I'm going to be doing going forward is cataloging my adventures of trying to get them published. Keep an eye out for updates there, it should be interesting.

I hope you're as excited about getting to read Overshadowed as I am to finish it. Get ready to tell your friends and family to hop on the Overshadowed bandwagon, we can all ride it together.

Thanks for your time!



'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment